Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while, then take up the sock again.
~Dorothy Day

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hey Guys, this is lilpixie knits

Someone please tell me you get the reference. If not, I'll tell you at the later. After many weeks of no AC at the shop, I finally have cold air! Seriously, how can anyone survive the heat without AC n Georgia?!?! And it isn't even considered hot yet O_o

This past weekend, I was able to spend some much needed relaxation up at the family farm in southern Ohio. Hanging out at the pond, doing some fishing and swimming with the family. Since the passing of my grandfather in February, every minute I get to spend with my grandmother is precious!

In other news, J and I have been house hunting. One would think that this would be an easy process. Boy was I wrong! I have decided that finding the 'right' one is an never-ending process and that you must be able to compromise. There is one house that just about matches all of our wants, so we might put a bid on it in the next couple of days. Stay tuned to find out :0)

Today's featured project is the Leisl Cardigan by Ysolda Teague. Overall, this was a very simple knit, one that I plan on doing again. Except next time, I will check my gauge! So this ended up being a graduation gift for my cousin, who just graduated from UC. I choose the Malabrigo Yarn Twist in purple, only used 2.3 skeins. I also did a modification to the body: instead of continuing the purl ridge in the lace repeat, I made it stockinette. Then at the bottom, I did 3 lace repeats with the purl ridge to help balance out the pattern.
Hey Guys, this is Jaime Oliver!

2 comments:

  1. When Jared and I were looking for houses, it was super frustrating! It's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find a house with good bones in a good location -- good AC/Heat, good roof, good windows. You'll have years to switch out the cosmetic stuff to your personal taste, so don't worry about them for now. Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete