Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while, then take up the sock again.
~Dorothy Day

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Road Warrior

Finally made it back to my couch after a trip to Charleston. Thankfully this was a work related trip, seeing how it rained almost the entire time. Mom and I arrived Friday in time to enjoy the sunset from our favorite restaurant on Shem's Creek, The Waters Edge. Dining on mussels in a white wine sauce, crispy duck salad, and crispy grouper dinner made the trip worth it! Sadly the moment didn't last. Saturday was filled with classes and the beginning of the rain.

On Sunday, we had some free time before the opening reception and took advantage of it. After breakfast, we went and got a massage :D It was still raining off and on, so we decided to do a driving tour through Isle of Palms, Sullivan's Island, Boone Plantation, and ending up in Charleston. We stopped by A.W. Shucks for some oysters and back to the hotel to get ready.

Monday was greeted by the ferocious roar of thunder and lightening at 5am. The lack of sleep coupled with the heavy rain made the morning creep by. After more classes, discussions, and walking the trade show, we decided to take the afternoon off and do some more exploring. By this time, my brother had arrived in town and joined us as we drove around Charleston some more. The highlight of the day was driving around The Citadel. The buildings were amazing!

Tuesday was more meetings and more walking of the trade show. That evening, we got all dressed up and attended the banquet and said our goodbyes. Today, we had one more demonstration to attend before hitting the road.

This trip had one major catastrophe. I had brought my Bella Mittens to knit on, seeing how it was small enough to travel. Making my way through the cast on, I set forth into the pattern. Only to realize after 6 rows that I had forgotten my cable needle! I know, I know, there is a way to cable without the needle, but I have no clue how. Bet you can guess what new technique I am going to learn this weekend.

Speaking of this weekend, J and I will be making our way to North Carolina to help his mother set her booth up at the John C Campbell Fall Festival. Not really wanting to travel for the third week in a row, I am beyond excited. I can't wait to see the spinning and weaving demonstrations, all the neat crafts, and everything else. I would be lying if I didn't mention that I can't wait to eat corn dogs and funnel cakes!

Finally settled on the couch, with my feet propped up, watching some hockey...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment