Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while, then take up the sock again.
~Dorothy Day

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Damn, damn, damn

I have been sitting here off and on all day trying to get the body of my February Lady finished. While I can proudly report that I am almost done with the body portion and after trying it on, it fits perfect....I found a flaw. Now I have to figure out how to work the border backwards, with out messing up my color work. Can't even begin to explain the disappointment with this. It wasn't like I got screwed up in the lace pattern or anything, no, it was in the simple knit border! If I wouldn't have screwed up, the body could easily be completed this weekend. But now I have to put it on hold and wait until Tuesday and beg my girls for some help. Guess that gives me an excuse to pick up Heroine....

Thankfully that was the only thing that sucked today. I got my promised pancake breakfast from J, by way of Rib Ranch. I swear, they have the best coffee and breakfast around here...we make damn sure to go EVERY weekend. Afterward, we made our way to some stores and put a major dent in our bank accounts. Too bad it was on groceries and household things, nothing to fun to report there. I did make my way over to TWNY to see the new expanded section. It rocks, simple as that. Debbi now has the old shop for nothing but yarn and what nots, and the new section (the old jewelry store) is nothing but a huge sitting area for classes, dying, and knit night!

No comments:

Post a Comment