Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while, then take up the sock again.
~Dorothy Day

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Stitches South

The Tanglewood Cascading Cardigan has become my main project. I saw it at Stitches South last weekend and fell in love on the spot. So I bought the pattern and 14 balls of the softest bamboo/cotton blend yarn. Below only shows one lace repeat, this was down the night I got home. As of now, I have moved past the left armhole and 1/2 way through the back. With any luck, this will be completed not this weekend, but the next. This is top priority, since I plan to wear it KG's wedding next month over a white sundress.



The Heroine Coat is all but completed and will probably not be touched again until September. I just need to do the sleeves, seam it, and felt it. But seeing this is a winter jacket, I have time.



After a year of sitting on the shelf, I pulled out my Basket Case sock. I have one completed, and I have already turned the heel on the second. This is my no brainer knit while I am out and about, so I am only working on it a few rows at a time.



The February Lady Sweater has been shelved yet again. I have made a lot of progress, but I just can't seem to find a grove with it. I only have two more lace repeats before I do the bottom band. And I have decided to do short sleeves, instead of the suggested 3/4 sleeve. If I put my mind to it, I could probably whip this out in one weekend.



Last weekend I went to Stitches South and bought the following goodies. The girls and I meet up at 10 am and hit the floor for a good 5 hours. We had a blast! We felt up the yarn, gawked at the gadgets, and bought what we could carry. Afterward, we hit up The Cheesecake Factory and stuffed our faces.

Pic 1 -Mission Falls Cotton - 5 balls - possibly will be a tank in the future.
Pic 2 -Unknown name, fiber, yardage....but it is a shit ton, soft and cheap - no clue what it wants to be when it grows up
Pic 3 -Valley Yarn bamboo/pima coton - 14 balls - Tanglewood Cascading Cardigan
Pic 4 -Brooks Farm - Acero, Wool Silk - 2 hanks - Clapotis
Pic 5 -Creatively Dyed - Tradewinds - 1 hank - socks!



If your on Ravelry, check out the progress of my projects at http://www.ravelry.com/projects/lilpixieknits
Till next time....

1 comment:

  1. WOW - your projects are all awesome! I especially love the lace pattern on the first one. I think that's going to be really pretty finished.

    ReplyDelete