Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while, then take up the sock again.
~Dorothy Day

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Busy days and lazy nights

This past week, I started the Daybreak Shawl by Steven West.  I had a few rough starts with the M1L and M1R on the edging, so I decided to use yarn overs instead.  I choose the Misty Alpaca Sock and Malabrigo Sock...so scrumptious!

During the days, I have been working in the yard, one flower pot at a time.  Although a little toad has decided to sabotage me by digging my flowers back up!  While J has been fixing the ceiling in the bathroom. We also hung Old Glory!

At night, while J goes out riding, I have been meeting friends at the new coffee shop to knit and chat.  It doesn't get much better then that!

Have a safe Memorial Day!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Those colors are gorgeous, especially together.

    I still haven't mastered the stupid i-cord! I have made several of those bracelets, so I know I can do it. But when I try to use the yarn for the bag I've been trying to finish up, I just get a big mess. What am I doing wrong??

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Liz - I'm still trying to figure out how to reply to comments, so I hope you see this. I know you can do I-cords, you made bracelets!!! So the question is, what time of yarn are you using? If it is too fuzzy, that can create unnecessary problems.

    ReplyDelete