Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while, then take up the sock again.
~Dorothy Day

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Stripes, Stripes, and More Stripes!

Even though this was a short work week, each day seemed to crawl at a snails pace!  And speaking of snails pace, I keep forging ahead on the Daybreak shawl.  With each stripe repeat, the rows grow by 14 stitches, making each row longer and longer...  I have finally made it through 15, with 5 more to go.  Then I get the pleasure of working 7 garter ridges before binding off.  It is such a labor of love, but I know the end result will be well worth it! 

But knitting is not the only thing I've accomplished this week.  While J worked on filling the hole in our downstairs bathroom ceiling (shower leaked from the upstairs bath), I was playing in the yard...again.  I managed to hit the pool, plant some pots, pressure wash the patio and the furniture, rearrange the patio with new pillows, and put up our new bird feeders.  Over the past two weeks, I was successful in reviving the yard with watering it every other evening.  Once it cools down in the fall, I get the task of fertilizing the yard that was neglected for nearly a year.  One step at a time I guess.

And last but certainly not least, the Stanley Cup Finals started this week!  Currently watching game two, wishing that Boston would land one in the net!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment